Sunday, August 26, 2012

Collier's First Food

Hello all!  It's time to get caught up, so I'll be back-dating a few posts.  It's hard to use this blog to document our bug's milestones if I don't sit down and write!

August 8th, 2012--Collier's First Foods

At Collier's 4 month checkup in July, his doctor mentioned that we could start solids any time that we'd like to.  I was a little hesitant because the AAP says breastmilk or formula only for the first 6 months, and this milestone would bring us one step closer to the time when C needs me just a little less.   But after several weeks of returning to two or three night wakenings, and the advice of many (mostly Chris' sweet patients...those who have parented and grandparented several times over) promising that after a little rice cereal, he'd sleep right thought the night.  So, we tried it 3 weeks after his 4 month "birthday".  The Verdict? He liked it!  After our one snack session, he was covered in cereal, and opening his mouth for his spoon.  It did not, however, help him sleep through the night any better...Oh well...3 am cuddles are alright with me :)

Here we go!  He did several lip smacks trying to figure this new stuff out.

Still trying to decide...

I tried to get a smile, but he's a serious little dude...he'd rather just take it all in. 

Here Dad, just let me do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment